About Me

My photo
Woman After God's Own Heart....Striving for Excellence, Settling for Nothing but God's Best!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Flexetarian/ Natual Disasters

These days I'm more of a  flexetarian than a vegan. A flexetarian is a person who eats a nonvegan diet but sparingly.I find myself emotional eating these days and just grabbing whatever sometimes. Some days it's really like whatever. I know my health is my wealth and it's important to invest in my temple, but it's not easy. At least 24 years of my life all I wanted was meat and dairy mainly with a little bit of vegetables here and there on the side. I've always been a lover of fruit but I used to really like pork and chicken too. My meat and dairy eating usually doesn't occur until the weekend though because that's usually when I'm out with family and friends, and don't feel like preparing food. I don't beat myself up about it. I just keep moving forward trusting that over time it will get easier and easier. Overall I still feel healthy, and I'm still excited about life in spite of a massive power outage in my city and no gas due to tornado damage. My family is safe and the Almighty has provided heavily so I'm thankful. We are really just taking this time to rest, de-stress, and regroup for what lies ahead. Many people were heavily effected by the storms all across the state. In Huntsville it is predicted that there will be no power for 5 to 7 days.  Most of the damage is minimal compared to other parts of the state. I'm sure in the days and months ahead people all over the South and the rest of the United States  will be pulling together to provide relief and support. Natural disasters have a way of bringing people together like never before. I pray and hope this will be seen in my state and every area affected by natural disasters this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment