About Me

My photo
Woman After God's Own Heart....Striving for Excellence, Settling for Nothing but God's Best!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Healthy Baby, Healthy Body

This morning we went to the doctor's office to hear the babies heartbeat. I'm only about 8 weeks now, but we could hear it and see it via ultrasound. The baby's heart beat strong and fast: 160bpm. The doctor said everything looked good, and we are off to a good start. I have another check up in 2 weeks. The normal check up time is 4 weeks, but it's just to keep us at ease, and make sure I'm having a comfortable pregnancy. My doctor is really nice and cool. I chose to go with a different doctor this pregnancy only because I wanted to deliver at Huntsville Hospital and my old doctor doesn't deliver there. I also had to put a nurse out just to stay Christ-like because she was tap dancing on my nerves at the most painful part of labor. LOL. My new doctor's office is clean,nice, and cozy, and the staff is friendly including a huge real dog that's so nice (I love pets). She says it's not uncommon to have anxiety, worries, or questions when you experience miscarriages and lose a child. I can go in anytime to hear the baby's heartbeat if I just call which is nice. Also once I get further along, she will contact my pediatrician to look into getting a sleep apnea monitor for the baby when we bring him home so that we can have a smooth transition and be more at ease. We chose to go with the same pediatrician because they were really supportive and helpful after losing Tre'. I requested a copy of the autopsy report 3 times and never got it. I think part of it was due to us having a new coroner for the first time in umpteen years. The doctor told me that it was sometimes hard to get those back for infants and requested one as well. Even though it took a year to get it, he still kept up with the progress, reviewed it, and called us to let us know that Tre' was a healthy baby and the cause of death was indeed SIDS. He offered to send it and meet with us to review it,  but I didn't want to revisit that a year later. I also got my results back from a pap test, and it was normal again.  After 3 months of practicing good health habits, the precancerous cells are back in remission naturally. This time no surgery. I'm so grateful that God is really with me and walking me through these transitions. I plan on keeping with my vegan diet as much as possible during the first trimester which is kind of hard with my mom home. She told me yesterday she just wants me to move back in so she can feed me everyday. Lol. So when I'm with her once or twice a week I may eat normal (we have to find a middle ground), but other than that it will be plant-based. I also found a place that offers prenatal yoga and I'm excited to take those classes. I can actually fit it into my schedule since 2 of my Zumba classes are canceled for the summer. Maybe then the baby won't come out doing Zumba moves. Lol. I'm so blessed, thankful, and humbled to be moving forward with a healthy baby and healthy body.

No comments:

Post a Comment