About Me

My photo
Woman After God's Own Heart....Striving for Excellence, Settling for Nothing but God's Best!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Live Like There Is No Tomorrow

I have spent much time thinking about how I want to spend the rest of my life. One commitment I made to my son after his death was that I would live my life as if his had just begun. After giving birth to Tre' I felt like I could do anything in the world that I put my mind to. It made me realize my power and strength as a woman of faith. It's been a battle to get back to that point. I've realized the importance of time. For a long time I have just lived and passed away with time. I kept going because time kept moving. Now I desire to live a life full of purpose and meaning. I strive to live as if there is no tomorrow.  One person who has inspired me in this arena is Steve Jobs.  The life and death of Steve Jobs has touched billions across the globe. Although I don't personally own any Apple products, I do frequently shop Itunes for Zumba music and plan on owning some products in the near future. Most of Jobs best work at Apple was accomplished during the time that he battled pancreatic cancer and faced the reality of death. While the possibility of death was ever before him, he didn't let it stop him from living his life to the fullest, making the most of the time he had left. He said, " "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose." As a result, he left a major footprint on the world, and even though he has past away, his legacy will continue to live on for a very long time. I hope to leave a legacy of my own as I continue to move forward and live like there is no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment