About Me

My photo
Woman After God's Own Heart....Striving for Excellence, Settling for Nothing but God's Best!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Being Vegan

I started a new journey in food choices. Slowly throughout this year I have been changing my diet, and have completely removed meat and dairy products from the foods I eat. It's very different, but I believe in the long run it will be pretty beneficial. What prompted me to make this change was an experience I had in January. My husband and I went to our favorite Chinese restaurant and afterward I came home to pray. While praying I felt the need to barf, but I feel like that is just nasty and tried to suppress it. I didn't tell my husband, but I asked him to pray with me. While praying he led me into the bathroom lifted the toilet, and put his hand on my belly. I threw up all my food and the Spirit of God within me said that's not the food I have for you to eat. So since then I have been on a journey to figure out what to eat. I went to a group of health seminars and nutrition consultation at the Institute of Health in Huntsville, Alabama and I have learned a lot about the benefits of natural foods and how following the natural laws of health can promote health, wellness, and prevention to sickness and disease. I started off just cooking brown rice. Now I can cook quinoa, millet, barley, rolled oats, and corn grits among other things. I didn't know most of these natural grains existed. We eat a variety of seeds, nuts, and berries daily. We've always loved a variety of fruits, but now we enjoy a variety of fresh cooked organic vegetables and salads as well. Variety is important in a vegan diet to ensure the body gets all the nutrients it requires. Even though I'm as skinny as a toothpick (about 118 lbs), I am more happy, have more energy, and I feel like I can conquer the world again. Soon to follow pics of some of the vegan meals I prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment