About Me

My photo
Woman After God's Own Heart....Striving for Excellence, Settling for Nothing but God's Best!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sensual Motion

So I finally got up enough courage to start teaching my Sensual Motion classes. This is something I've been working on for years, but didn't know if I should do it because it might be too "fleshly." They are  dance classes for women to help them find and express their sensual, sexy side. After much thought and prayer, I'd rather teach women classes in a comfortable environment and give them tools to build their confidence, ignite their courage, spice up their relationships, and have fun than to sit back and watch them going through a divorce or being miserable because they don't know where to start to add a little flavor and excitement to their marriages and lives. Right now I only do personal session by appointment only and I don't advertise it openly. It just comes up from time to time. Sometimes women will just come up to me and ask out of the blue. You would be surprised how hard it is for married women and mothers to tap back into being and feeling sexy and the toll it can take on marriages. I know I personally had that problem. After having my son, it took a while for my body to adjust with the changes of giving birth and breast feeding. It took even more for it to adjust to grieving and experiencing loss. Basic things like regular exercise, watching my diet, prayer and studying the bible, and being close to nature has really helped a lot. It has boosted my endorphins, increased my energy, and given me a new passion and excitement about life. Being spiritual sometimes it's very hard to find that balance between the spirit and the flesh. It's hard to find that balance as a career woman too. When I first got married it was hard to find the right time for intimacy. There would be times when that was all I thought about at work all day and then when I got home my husband would be playing gospel music. The atmosphere would be set for worship and bible study and I would have to shift gears. Then there were times when he would be ready but I would be too tired from work. It took a lot of studying, prayer, and communication for us to find a balance. I'm very closed about my personal  relationship, but there has been a pressing on my heart more than ever to be open about my journey as a single woman trying to wait for Mr. Right and getting through the first couple of years of marriage with all it's twist and turns. Through it all we have been able to create some lasting, exciting, and funny memories that not only make me feel empowered as a woman but also bring my husband and I closer together and closer in our spiritual walk. Just like many things the motives behind sensual motion must be assessed. Sensual Motion is not about manipulation but freedom of expression. Although it can be seductive, it's not meant to be used to entice or manipulate a person or relationship, but to express love, passion, and devotion in a creative, fun way. Whether through Sensual Motion or some other form these types of expression are important in keeping things fresh and fun in our relationships even when our entire world seems to be crumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment