About Me

My photo
Woman After God's Own Heart....Striving for Excellence, Settling for Nothing but God's Best!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Laughter Is Important

On September 1, 2011,  I celebrated my third wedding Anniversary. Last year we really didn't get a chance to celebrate for our anniversary, so this year we made it a priority. The theme for this year was laughter. Once you really get to know my husband, you'll find he has a keen sense of humor. He's usually very quiet, but he has a strong presence. When he does talk a lot, he either says something extremely insightful or funny. One thing that I have learned about him is that he really enjoys comedy, so for our anniversary I bought him a lot of comedy dvds, and on our get away, we went to a comedy show. One thing that we have had to learn to do through storms and tough times is laugh. It really helps the healing process. Proverbs 17:22 says, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." When my heart was broken, I found that doing good things and watching things I found funny made me feel better. My husband and I watched a lot of cartoons when our niece, Heaven, came to visit with us last year, and that's something we continue to do or talk about from time to time. These days there is not a day that goes by where I don't laugh usually from something my husband says. He always seems to catch me off guard, and before I know it, I'm holding my belly chuckling. I took pictures of my husband with the comedians after the show (I didn't want to be in the pictures all nice and plump). The female comedian said I looked like I have a lot of energy. I told her it was probably because I teach Zumba. After I thought about it, I think it's also because I laugh a lot these days, and I've  greatly reduced stress and distractions. I really want to continue to grow into a loving, positive, encouraging, and healthy person. Sometimes I am way too serious and really just need to laugh and have fun. Laughter is one thing I will strive to carry with me as I continue to move forward in another year of marriage and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment