About Me

My photo
Woman After God's Own Heart....Striving for Excellence, Settling for Nothing but God's Best!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love Is Essential

I'm still in the process of writing my first book, but it's taking longer than expected because I'm becoming more aware of things that I never realized before. Love is essential to moving forward. The greatest commandments are to love God and to love our neighbors as ourselves. How can we really love our neighbors if we don't know how to love God and ourselves? I think a lot of times that's where we miss it. We tend to focus on material things and outward expressions to show and share love. We buy gifts, cards, etc.  Don't get me wrong those things are good, but are we taking time to encourage and speak life to one another on a regular basis? Are we kind to one another throughout the year or just on Valentines Day, Christmas, birthdays, etc? Do we share this love with just our immediate family and church members or with everyone we come in contact with? In reference to self love we buy clothes, hair, and nails to express caring for ourselves, but do we take time to eat healthy, exercise and do things to really invest in ourselves?  I've always looked fit, but I have not always been fit. Just because a person is skinny does not mean they are healthy. I'm a living witness. So now I've made a life style change that enables me to heal from the inside out. I'm learning that when I take time to really love and care for myself. I am strengthened and equipped to properly love and care for others without being depleted quickly. I am able to think clearer, prioritize and put things in proper perspective. We all have a responsibility to take time to really love ourselves and give our bodies, mind, and spirit what it needs. When we do we obtain balance within ourselves and it overflows into our surroundings. Then and only then will we be able to effectively and efficiently love others. Love is essential to moving forward. It is the principle thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment